Monday, July 25, 2011

Campstove Nachos

Aaarrrgggg....We Have No Tortillas!!
My plan was to make Chicken Quesadillas...Here is how I turned a major food crisis into a major food win!!
 
 
One of my favorite quick things to do is to put chicken breasts, enchilada sauce and some taco mix into my crock pot and let it cook for a few hours (this also works if the chicken is still frozen!!!). It is then easy to shred.  We make quesadillas, nachos, tacos, taco salads etc.   I had the chicken cooked and ready to go, but with camping and camping near a city, I hadn't got my poop in a group and brought or bought tortillas...sooooo...NACHOS!!  

I always bring disposable aluminum pans, we use them to keep things warm and occasionally cook in them.  I took one, sprayed vegetable spray on the bottom and started layering chips, chicken and cheese just like normal.  I then covered it and let it "bake" in the camp stove.   Easy, yummy, crisis averted!!  We now have another meal to add to our camping menu!! 

Easy, yummy, crisis averted!!  We now have another meal to add to our camping menu!! 
 Renee'

32 comments: